• Wheat beer, Ale Style, white , there is yeast turbidity
- • Witbier
- • - Strength
- • - Length
- • - Fruitiness
- • - Bitterness
- • 4.5 (%) Alcohol By Volume (ABV)
- • 1.042 (OG) Original Gravity
- • 11 (IBUs) International Bittering Units
- • Water
- • Barley malt
- • Unmalted additives • • Wheat (Wheat )
- • Spices • • Coriander powder (Coriander powder ) • • Orange Peel, Bitter (Orange Peel, Bitter )
- • Hors
- • Wheaten yeast
- • small bottle (10-13 Oz)
- • big bottle (21-40 Oz)
- • draft
• pale gold • muddy • 2 SRM (Standard Reference Method)
• 2-4 ℃ • Tumbler • Weizen
DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT
Blanche de Namur was the daughter of Count Jean de Namur. It is said that Magnus IV Eriksson, King of Sweden and Norway, was seduced by the beauty of the princess, while heading to France in search of a prestigious wife. The princess embarked for Scandinavia in August 1335 and never saw the banks of the Meuse to become Queen of Norway , Sweden and Skåne.
In memory of her beauty, her gentleness and delicacy, the Brasserie Bocq dedicated her a white beer: " Blanche de Namur"
Cloudy, smooth and mellow, the Blanche de Namur is a wheat beer of the highest quality. From the first sip, you feel all the roundness and delicacy that make it an exceptional beer. Its qualities and the "know-how" of the brewery, earned this beer the distinction of the best white beer in the world in 2009, 2013 and 2014. A true model of its kind, both floral and fruity, with subtle hints of coriander and orange peel. The nose is fresh, rather delicate. Serve cool, not cold, to enjoy the flavor and accentuate the elegant bitterness that wraps around the mouth throughout the tasting.
CERTIFICATION - n/a
AWARDS, PRIZES, MEDALS
• Gold Medal, Witbier, Brussels Beer Challenge, November 2016.
• Silver Medal, Witbier Brussels Beer Challenge, November 2015.
• Wine Enthusiast Magazine "Top 25 Beers of 2013".
• Gold Medal "Wheat Beers," International Beer Challenge 2013.
• 93 points - First Place (tie): Wine Enthusiast Magazine "Wheat Beers," June 2013..
• First Place, White Beer category, "Best Belgian Beer of Wallonia," 2012.
• " The Best White Beer of Europe": In 2012, the Blanche de Namur was voted best White Beer of Europe at the WBA international competition - WORLD BEER AWARDS.
• " The Best White Beer in the World " : In 2009, the Blanche de Namur was voted best white beer in the world in the international competition WORLD BEER AWARDS. In 2013 and 2014 , the Blanche de Namur won the renouned contest " International Beer Challenge" ..
SHELF LIFE - n/a
(UPC-A и UPC-E) BARCODE